D-Link AC3150 dual-band wireless router delivers ultra-fast Wi-Fi speeds of up to 3100 Gbps for HD streaming, online gaming. The router is known for its elegant design and excellent performance. The D-Link dual-band wireless router has a user-friendly management interface. D-link AC3150 setup is quick and easy with the dlinkrouter.local dashboard. Before you proceed with […]
A complete guide to D-Link Powerline wifi extender setup
Setting up D-Link powerline Wi-Fi extender is a simple and easy procedure. D-Link whole-home powerline solution create a whole-home network. It uses your existing wireless network to circulate Wi-Fi signals throughout your home covering the dead spots even at the farthest corners.
The d-link powerline wifi system works with your existing router. Simply, connect one powerline Wi-Fi adapter to your existing router using an ethernet cable. Learn how to setup d’link powerline wifi system in this guide.
There are two ways to perform d-link powerline wifi extender setup. One is using the free d-link app on your iOPS or Android mobile device. The second method for d’link powerline setup is using the web-based setup wizard.
Things you’ll need:
- 2 powerline Wi-Fi adapters
- Wireless router and internet soruce
- Ethernet cable(s)
How to setup d’link extender?
- Place your dlink wifi adapter near to your existing router and plug it into the power source and wait for the device to boot up.
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to the LAN port on the router and other end into the dlink adapter.
Method 1- Using the Dlink app
- Download the dlink app for free from the Play Store or App Store. Open the app, once installed.
- Select D-Link powerline from the list and choose the model number, tap on ‘Next’ to continue.
- If you’re setting up for the first time, select ‘Create new network’ from the option and click on the ‘Next’ option.
- The app will instruct you to make the hardware connection. If you have connected the devices, tap on ‘Next’ to continue.
- Set a network name (SSID) and password by entering them in the required fields. Make sure you choose a hard password. Click ‘Next’
- Now, set a device login password for your powerline extender. Tap on ‘Next’ to move forward.
- You will be taken to the summary page, tap ‘Save’ to confirm and apply the settings.
- You can add a second powerline adapter to your network by plugging into another electrical outlet. If the power LED is red, it means that the connection is weak.
- A final summary will be shown to your screen, tap ‘Finish’ to complete the d’link powerline setup.
Method 2- Using web-browser
- Connect your powerline adapter to the router using a wireless or wired connection. Plug the other powerline adapter where you want to extend the network.
- Wait for the devices to boot up and continue to the next step. The power LED will turn solid green.
- Connect your computer to the existing router wirelessly or using an ethernet cable.
- Open the web browser and go to cover.local ordlinkap.local web page.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the d-link powerline wifi extender setup.
For more details on how to setup d’link powerline, get in touch with our team of experts and ask for their help.